Resistance bands are going to provide you with a great workout that you are able to do at home. With many people finding that it is difficult to get to the gym, they may love the convenience of getting a full-body workout right from the comfort of their own home. But as a beginner, some of the workouts that are available may seem too complicated.
The good news is that resistance training allows you to have a lot of flexibility, which helps you get a good workout, no matter your fitness level. You just need to find the right type of workout for your needs. Some of the best resistance bands exercises for absolute beginners will include:
This is a good exercise that a beginner can use to help prevent tightness in the shoulders while also improving posture along the way. And it is relatively simple to do. To help you do the band pull-apart, simply:
- Hold the band in both of your hands, keeping it at the height of your chest in front of you. Make sure the hands are shoulder-width apart.
- Pull the arms further apart. This will stretch out the band and can help to squeeze the shoulders together as you meet with the resistance.
- Slowly get the hands back to the starting position. Do not let it snap back because you want that resistance on the way back.
You should do about ten repetitions per set, and two to three sets to help you get the best results each time. If this is too much, start out with a lower amount and build up some more.
When you are struggling with some issues of your back being tight or in pain, then you need to do the Pallof Press. This one will also help improve some of the stability in your core. The steps that you can use for this one include:
- Wrap the band so that it is securely on a doorknob or another surface that will not move. Get the band to be as close to chest height as possible. Grab the other end of the band with both of your hands, having the body positioned to the object.
- Walk backward until you get the band taut. Once it reaches this, turn 90 degrees from your object, moving it to the side.
- Push the band so that it ends up straight in front of you and hold it there. Make sure that the body will stay straight the whole time. Hold this position for at least 15 seconds.
- Slowly return the band to the starting position and then do the same process again, but on the other side.
Do this just a few times to start. You can always increase how many times you do it or how long you hold the position as your core gets stronger.
This is a great exercise to use if you want to make your legs a bit stronger along the way as well. It is great for all of the muscles of the leg, as well as for the lower body. To do a leg press with the resistance bands, you can:
- Lie on your back with the knees bent, making sure that your feet are flat on the floor.
- Raise the left foot so that it is off the floor, bringing your knees to the chest. You want to look at the resistance band so that it goes around the arch of the foot.
- Extend the leg. You will do this by pressing the foot away and then straightening out the leg at the same time.
- Slowly return the leg to the same position you started in and then repeat on the other side.
The best way to get this done is to do eight to ten repetitions on each side and then do two to three sets on each side.
A chest press is a great exercise to improve your posture while also helping to make your back and arms stronger than ever before. Some of the steps that you can use to do a chest press with the resistance bands include:
- Put the band around your back so it goes under the arms. Hold each end with the arms bent and hands close to the armpits.
- When you are ready, extend the arms right in front of you, keeping them at chest level.
- Bend the arms and then bring them back to the level of your chest to the starting position.
To really work out the chest, do ten slow repetitions of this and then repeat to get two to three sets before moving on to the next exercise.
Nothing is better than working on your abs with the help of the resistance band. This particular exercise is going to help you target the muscles of the stomach as well as some of the upper body, giving you the best results along the way. To do an ab crunch with your resistance bands:
- Loop the band so that it is connected to an object that will not move that is on the floor.
- Grab each part of the band and then lie on your back, keeping the head aligned with an anchor point.
- Bend the knees and have your feet flat on the floor. Position the hands so that they are above the face.
- By tightening the ab muscles, you can lift the shoulders, head, and upper body off the floor. Hold it for a few seconds before slowly returning to the starting position.
Do as many of these as possible. Ten should be your goal, but you can build up to what is most comfortable for you.
Choosing Resistance Bands for Your Workout
There are so many great workouts that you can do with the help of resistance bands, you just need to choose the right one for your needs. Take a look at some of the best resistance band exercises for beginners and then get ready to get that sweat on.